Fundamentals of Electric Circuits, 2nd Edition
In spite of the numerous textbooks on circuit analysis available in the market, students often find the course difficult to learn. The main objective of this book is to present circuit analysis in a manner that is clearer, more interesting, and easier to understand than earlier texts. This objective is achieved in the following ways:
• A course in circuit analysis is perhaps the first exposure students have to electrical engineering. We have included several features to help students feel at home with the subject. Each chapter opens with either a historical profile of some electrical engineering pioneers to be mentioned in the chapter or a career discussion on a subdiscipline of electrical engineering. An introduction links the chapter with the previous chapters and states the chapter’s objectives. The chapter ends with a summary of the key points and formulas.
• All principles are presented in a lucid, logical, step-by-step manner. We try to avoid wordiness and superfluous detail that could hide concepts and impede understanding the material.
• Important formulas are boxed as a means of helping students sort what is essential from what is not; and to ensure that students clearly get the gist of the matter, key terms are defined and highlighted.
• Marginal notes are used as a pedagogical aid. They serve multiple uses—hints, cross-references, more exposition, warnings, reminders, common mistakes, and problem-solving insights.
• Thoroughly worked examples are liberally given at the end of every section. The examples are regarded as part of the text and are explained clearly, without asking the reader to fill in missing steps. Thoroughly worked examples give students a good understanding of the solution and the confidence to solve problems themselves. Some of the problems are solved in two or three ways to facilitate an understanding and comparison of different approaches.
• To give students practice opportunity, each illustrative example is immediately followed by a practice problem with the answer. The students can follow the example step-by-step to solve the practice problem without flipping pages or searching the end of the book for answers. The practice problem is also intended to test students’ understanding of the preceding example. It will reinforce their grasp of the material before moving to the next section.
• In recognition of ABET’s requirement on integrating computer tools, the use of PSpice is encouraged in a student-friendly manner. Since the Windows version of PSpice is becoming popular, it is used instead of the MS-DOS version. PSpice is covered early so that students can use it throughout the text. Appendix D serves as a tutorial on PSpice for Windows.
• The operational amplifier (op amp) as a basic element is introduced early in the text.
• To ease the transition between the circuit course and signals/systems courses, Fourier and Laplace transforms are covered lucidly and thoroughly.
• The last section in each chapter is devoted to applications of the concepts covered in the chapter. Each chapter has at least one or two practical problems or devices. This helps students apply the concepts to real-life situations.
• Ten multiple-choice review questions are provided at the end of each chapter, with answers. These are intended to cover the little “tricks” that the examples and end-of-chapter problems may not cover. They serve as a self-test device and help students determine how well they have mastered the chapter.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|Download Now here||Read Now
|September 13, 2017|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?