Human Anatomy (9th Edition)
This edition marks a significant change to the author team with the retirement of Michael Timmons and the addition of a fine colleague and excellent writer, Judi Nath.
We have made significant changes to every chapter of the text. As a result, this book—which was already highly visual—is now even more visual and engaging. These changes will enhance students’ understanding of the chapters and the intricacies of the human body. Our new and revised visuals will promote student involvement with the figures.
In addition, the author team has revised the chapter narratives to be even more “student friendly” with a lively writing style. We have repositioned figure callouts and tried to place all graphics on the same twopage spread with their anatomical descriptions.
New to the Ninth Edition
Our goal is to build on the strengths of previous editions while meeting the needs of today’s students. The author team has paid significant attention to the latest research on the science of teaching and learning. Our reading of this research has informed the revision of both the art program and text narratives in this edition. As a result, we believe this edition will prove even more effective for attracting students’ attention, enhancing their understanding, and promoting their retention of anatomical concepts.
EVERY ILLUSTRATION has been revised, either partially or totally.
EVERY CHAPTER has been extensively rewritten to
• Engage students with an informal, friendly approach
• Reposition figure callouts for easy reading and understanding
• Place figures in a logical design that is both attractive and effective
• Place figures as close to their anatomical descriptions as possible
• Increase the number of bullet lists and numbered lists to better facilitate student learning
• Use standardized terminology of the latest editions of Terminologia Anatomica, Terminologia Histologica,
Terminologia Embryologica, and Stedman’s Medical Dictionary NEW Chapter Opener Clinical Cases have been added to every chapter. These clinical cases increase student interest in the topics and vividly demonstrate the importance of anatomical concepts in the health professions.
In addition, all of the existing Clinical Notes features, found within the chapters, have been updated or replaced to reflect current topics and the latest research.
NEW Tips & Tools boxes are concise, catchy memory devices to help students easily remember anatomical facts and concepts.
NEW Key Points boxes give students a quick summary of the material discussed in the upcoming section of the chapter.
Improved text-art integration throughout enhances the readability of figures with the text.
NEW MasteringA&P features include the following:
• Ready to Go Teaching Modules, created by teachers for teachers, are organized around eight of the toughest topics in human anatomy. They provide suggestions to instructors on which assets in MasteringA&P can best be used before, during, and after class to effectively teach the topic.
• A Coaching Activity for the new Spotlight Figure in Chapter 17 on the sympathetic nervous system.
• Revised and updated Dynamic Study Modules.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|Download here||Read Now|
|September 22, 2017|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?