Managing Engineering and Technology (6th Edition)
This book is different from the previous one since today’s technological society is constantly progressing, and with the progress comes a need for the engineer to be able to address the technological societal challenges and opportunities for the future. Engineers are a key element today in the role that any country must play to maintain technological leadership and a sound economy while the world becomes flatter in today’s global economy. To do this, the engineer needs to remain alert to changing products, processes, technologies, and opportunities and be prepared for a creative and productive life and position of leadership.
This book is intended to be an overview of the field of engineering management; yet, realistically we recognize that the faculty adopting this text will want to tailor the content to their specific needs. The basic outline of the text remains unchanged. The text examines the four main management functions followed by the functions of technology management. As we worked with various reviewers and faculty on this edition it became apparent that today there are several primary concerns for the engineering manager. These include engineering ethics, leadership, and globalization.
The sixth edition of the text addresses these concerns and has incorporated lessons learned from earlier editions, student and faculty comments, and our own personal teaching experience. Some of the changes for this edition include the following:
• Emphasis on leadership. The four fundamental management functions are presented, but leadership is now first.
• Additional material on ethics.
• Globalization is considered more.
• New reference section at the end of each chapter, including Web sites for many chapters.
• An expanded Web site includes PowerPoint slides for each chapter, test banks, and solutions for instructors: www.pearsoninternationaleditions.com/Morse.
• Morse & Babcock’s EM Blog: A Blog for Engineering Management Educators (http:// morseandbabcock.wordpress.com/). This blog contains current material pertaining to engineering management and additional reference and project material.
The authors of this textbook will remain alert to changing customers, products, processes, technologies, and opportunities for engineering management and management of technology students. Again, suggestions for the improvement of the text are always welcome. We hope that the changes made in this edition of Managing Engineering and Technology will be helpful to instructors and students alike.
|Download Ebook||Read Now||File Type||Upload Date|
|October 1, 2017|
Do you like this book? Please share with your friends, let's read it !! :)How to Read and Open File Type for PC ?